Forumsregeln
Before creating a topic or post, please follow our Binding Forum Rules.
ThongSong7

fastboot flashing unlock + lock = Soft Brick?

On the day I get my Volla Phone, I flash SailFish OS via UBPort Installer, which is what Volla said was OK to do.

I needed to Unlock : fastboot flashing unlock

Flashed Image via UBPort Installer, reboot to fastboot and then - fastboot flashing lock ..... fastboot reboot

Brick, no response on any buttons for any amount of time held down.... what am I to do now?

I am super confused, upset and quite angry that this has happened.

Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: Sorry, I haven't given any information on my OS or anything - I am quite distressed....
---
Fedora 34 using the latest 0.8.8 UBPorts installer appimage.
I have had many phones in the past since Windows CE and have been flashing since then, have never been here though.
In my WIN10 VM, I can see a MediaTek 65xx preloader, so maybe it is not all lost?
I cannot share the above with my VM, it crashes - the Preloader is coming on/off/on/off....
---
EDIT: In hindsight, this may not be a UBPorts Installer issue - Admins: kindly move to appropriate board
Seemingly a SOFT Brick as it is detectable via USB and then reboots so then not detectable...
Opened case with Support : We will see how deep the rabbit hole is...
---
EDIT: (a lot of edits, huh?!) I have requested to return the product definitively due to the fact that I just purchased it, flashed SFOS as in March Blog states is allowed, device is now defective. I should be within my rights as a European Consumer to do so.
vincent.moroz

Re: fastboot flashing unlock + lock = Soft Brick?

Hello,

I am having the same issue - soft brick - in that when I install Vollas OS I get stuck in an endless boot loop back to TWRP (had installed UT previously without issue). I received the message that my data was corrupt and that a factory reset was required, so I accomplished this via TWRP, but same issue. Sailfish OS installs but does not get past the boot screen. The only OS that I can successfully install is UT. When I first received my phone I successfully installed all 3 operating systems on the Ubports Installer, therefore I know it is possible to do so.

Like the other guy I bought the phone so I could move around the operating systems to try them out. I am hoping there is a known solution for this problem as my hope is to get the Volla OS re-installed. Is it possible to get access to a zip file so this can be accomplished via TWRP or ADB?
schmuel
sonstiges Handy/iPhone mit Android Version/iOS Version: Vollaphone mit ABM
Pinephone mit Manjaro
Galaxy S10 mit UT
BQ Aquaris X5 mit PMOS
Nokia N900 mit PMOS
Nokia 8110 4G mit Gerda OS
OnePlus X mit Lineage OS
Sony Xperia XA2 mit Lineage OS

Hi,

This brick seems to appear for some users. You may give this Guide a try, if you feel lucky.
https://rubencarneiro.github.io/rubenca ... ne-Repair/
Please Notice, that doing so will void your warranty! If you want to get official support please contact support@volla.online

Best wishes,
Schmuel
Geduld ist der Begleiter der Weisheit.

Hi ich bin ein Mod des Forums.
Thread zu früh geschlossen? -> PN
Spam gefunden? -> PN

Hi Im a mod of this forum.
Thread closed too early? -> DM me
Found spam? -> DM me
vincent.moroz

Thanks, Schmuel. I would prefer official Volla support and not the link. Is this forum not offering official Volla support?
schmuel
sonstiges Handy/iPhone mit Android Version/iOS Version: Vollaphone mit ABM
Pinephone mit Manjaro
Galaxy S10 mit UT
BQ Aquaris X5 mit PMOS
Nokia N900 mit PMOS
Nokia 8110 4G mit Gerda OS
OnePlus X mit Lineage OS
Sony Xperia XA2 mit Lineage OS

This forum is an exchange platform primarily used by Volla users. For "official" support from HWS, please contact the above email address support@volla.online
Costs may be charged by HWS.

Greetings,
Schmuel
Geduld ist der Begleiter der Weisheit.

Hi ich bin ein Mod des Forums.
Thread zu früh geschlossen? -> PN
Spam gefunden? -> PN

Hi Im a mod of this forum.
Thread closed too early? -> DM me
Found spam? -> DM me
vincent.moroz

Volla support tells me this issue will likely be resolved in a few daya when the Android 10 update arrives. Prep for 10 has interfered with the installer.
nift4
sonstiges Handy/iPhone mit Android Version/iOS Version: Moto G5 mit LineageOS 18.1-fork Mint 3 und F(x)tec Pro¹ mit LineageOS 17.1

ThongSong7 hat geschrieben: Fr 7. Mai 2021, 20:45 On the day I get my Volla Phone, I flash SailFish OS via UBPort Installer, which is what Volla said was OK to do.

I needed to Unlock : fastboot flashing unlock

Flashed Image via UBPort Installer, reboot to fastboot and then - fastboot flashing lock ..... fastboot reboot

Brick, no response on any buttons for any amount of time held down.... what am I to do now?

I am super confused, upset and quite angry that this has happened.

Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: Sorry, I haven't given any information on my OS or anything - I am quite distressed....
---
Fedora 34 using the latest 0.8.8 UBPorts installer appimage.
I have had many phones in the past since Windows CE and have been flashing since then, have never been here though.
In my WIN10 VM, I can see a MediaTek 65xx preloader, so maybe it is not all lost?
I cannot share the above with my VM, it crashes - the Preloader is coming on/off/on/off....
---
EDIT: In hindsight, this may not be a UBPorts Installer issue - Admins: kindly move to appropriate board
Seemingly a SOFT Brick as it is detectable via USB and then reboots so then not detectable...
Opened case with Support : We will see how deep the rabbit hole is...
---
EDIT: (a lot of edits, huh?!) I have requested to return the product definitively due to the fact that I just purchased it, flashed SFOS as in March Blog states is allowed, device is now defective. I should be within my rights as a European Consumer to do so.
I don't think you were supposed to relock the bootloader, what's the point of unlocking after all.
Hi :)
Ich bastel an Android Boot Manager, LineageOS und anderen Projekten.
- nift4
buz

Something similar happened to me. I was going from Volla OS to Ubuntu Touch.

Enabled developer, USB debugging, and OEM unlock.

Opened Ubports installer, selected volla phone and started the install. I was able to unlock the bootloader but then the phone would not turn on. Sent in a request for help via tech support.

it does show as "Bus 001 Device 041: ID 0e8d:0003 MediaTek Inc. MT6227 phone" usb device when plugged into my computer (lsusb command)

Volla phone X

Pop_OS

UBports installer 0.8.8

Zurück zu „UBports Installer“