Forumsregeln
Before creating a topic or post, please follow our Binding Forum Rules.
Trk

Replace Internet provider with a Volla Phone.

Hello,

This morning, no more Internet, no more phone (ADSL) since 9 am to 11 am :shock: Very funny when you have some professional activities like me today :evil: The origin was my provider. It was impossible to join the support because the service was also down :roll: I've called a friend to ask him to look in the provider's site if something explains the situation.

Now, I have a very basic phone without Internet or anything else that we can find in a "smartphone". In this situation, I would buy the "Volla X" because it's rugged, IP 68 and has a high capacity battery. I don't want any application from a Google store or FDroid.

My wishes are :
  • to be able to share my Volla's Internet connection
  • proposition a) connect the Volla phone (which hardware solution ?) to my network switch to share the connection on my private network.
  • proposition b) or share the connection via cable (no Wifi) with my Linux box
I know that a 4 G connection can't replace a 100 Mbit connection, but I can work with it.

At this moment, the OS is not the most important (Volla OS, Ubuntu Touch, Droidian), I would know if it's possible with which OS and how, or if I must wait. And If I can use my cyphered SD-Card (Luks) as presented here : Q&A event will take place on October 6 I'm ready to order a "Volla X" ;)
Trk

Re: Replace Internet provider with a Volla Phone.

Hello,

Any idea ?
BawwR

On Volla OS (AOSP) it is possible to open a Wifi Hotspot to share the Mobile Data Connection of the phone ,
tethering via USB an Bluetooth is also possible.

I'm using the Wifi Hotspot and Usb tethering myself on the go for my laptop , works fine so far.

Maybe that helps ?

Greetz
Trk

Thank you Bawwr,

Yes, it's help :D

The USB tethering is what I prefer ;)

Have a good day !

Zurück zu „General“