Forumsregeln
Before creating a topic or post, please follow our Binding Forum Rules.
Claude

Battery life, model and updates

Hello,

I'm very interested to buy a volla phone, but I have some general questions before taking the decision.

First is the volla x23 an evolution of the volla 22 or is it just a different phone ? I see there are some differences like the battery or the processor. But I would tend to choose a slimmer device and choose the volla 22. If the volla x23 is an evolution, I would probably choose the volla x23.

Second question: what can I expect for the battery life ? I don't want a phone which I have to charge everyday. I know it's difficult to say, but my typical usage is:

- no wifi, bluetooth
- maximum 10-15' phone call a day
- some text messages
- most of the time no internet
- basic use

So most of the time it would idle. The question is for the volla 22 and x23, if I get an answer for one of them it's enough. The other should be about the same.

What can I expect about the OS regarding updates ? Can I expect to be able to update the OS in 4-5 years from now when newer devices
will be available ?

Thank you for your answers!
Stingray
sonstiges Handy/iPhone mit Android Version/iOS Version: Blackbarry Passport; Pinephone; Xperia X (Sailfish); Nexus (Ubuntu Touch), some Windows Phones no bitten fruits !!! ;)

Re: Battery life, model and updates

Welcome :)
Claude hat geschrieben: Mi 19. Jul 2023, 12:33 First is the volla x23 an evolution of the volla 22 or is it just a different phone ? I see there are some differences like the battery or the processor. But I would tend to choose a slimmer device and choose the volla 22. If the volla x23 is an evolution, I would probably choose the volla x23.
It is a different phone the x23 is more powerful and it is more a outdoor phone.
Claude hat geschrieben: Mi 19. Jul 2023, 12:33 Second question: what can I expect for the battery life ? I don't want a phone which I have to charge everyday. I know it's difficult to say, but my typical usage is:
My x23 runs for about a week without charging, but i don't use it so much, bluetooth and WiFi is mostly on.
I think you can count on 3-5 day's.
Claude hat geschrieben: Mi 19. Jul 2023, 12:33 What can I expect about the OS regarding updates ? Can I expect to be able to update the OS in 4-5 years from now when newer devices
will be available ?
I just can say that my over two years old Volla (the first one) still gets updates, and they want to keep updating that.
Claude

Thank you for your answer!

Stingray hat geschrieben: Mi 19. Jul 2023, 18:10
Claude hat geschrieben: Mi 19. Jul 2023, 12:33 First is the volla x23 an evolution of the volla 22 or is it just a different phone ? I see there are some differences like the battery or the processor. But I would tend to choose a slimmer device and choose the volla 22. If the volla x23 is an evolution, I would probably choose the volla x23.
It is a different phone the x23 is more powerful and it is more a outdoor phone.
Do you have an example for which this more powerful phone would be good ?

Basically I will only call and send sms. Sometimes I will do some browsing for sure, but not very often.

I'm a linux user and I have also in mind to connect to my phone with ssh from my computer. It's new for me, I don't
have any plan, but I still don't know what I will discover. Perhaps some tasks will need a better cpu. But of course, if I need
a good cpu, I expect the task will be done with a computer not with a phone.
Stingray
sonstiges Handy/iPhone mit Android Version/iOS Version: Blackbarry Passport; Pinephone; Xperia X (Sailfish); Nexus (Ubuntu Touch), some Windows Phones no bitten fruits !!! ;)

Claude hat geschrieben: Do 20. Jul 2023, 09:56 Thank you for your answer!
You're welcome :).
Claude hat geschrieben: Do 20. Jul 2023, 09:56 Do you have an example for which this more powerful phone would be good ?
First, it is just a newer technology and you will get just more power for your money and second it will last longer.
But that always depends of what you need and this is difficult to say.
Claude hat geschrieben: Do 20. Jul 2023, 09:56 I'm a linux user and I have also in mind to connect to my phone with ssh from my computer. It's new for me, I don't have any plan, but I still don't know what I will discover. Perhaps some tasks will need a better cpu. But of course, if I need a good cpu, I expect the task will be done with a computer not with a phone.
For ssh is Ubuntu Touch the best choice, but you cannot expect the same functionality as an Android phone. The other thing is that you never know what cpu power you need until you need it and that is, as i said difficult to say :)
n8igall
VollaPhone mit: Volla OS 12
sonstiges Handy/iPhone mit Android Version/iOS Version: Volla x23 12.1 September 11

The x23 ist my first Volla phone.
AFAIK the main difference between x23 and 22 is that first is a rather bulky outdoor phone whereas the latter is not.

The first has also a slightly bigger battery and somewhat newer hardware. For me it was important that it is certified being waterproof, wheras the latter is not.

Batterywise it is ok. I use it with WiFi + surfing from time to time, it would probably last two or three days, but I usually charge it every one or two days. I am quite optimistic that with your usage profile (screen turned off most the time) it could last probably a week.
Stingray

I just forgot to say that with UT the battery life is not so good as on VollaOS. Especially with WiFi on i got, on my first Volla about two days without using it much and on Volla it had a week too.
Claude

Stingray hat geschrieben: Do 20. Jul 2023, 12:16
First, it is just a newer technology and you will get just more power for your money and second it will last longer.
But that always depends of what you need and this is difficult to say.
That's a good point. I didn't think to have a look at a comparison of the two processors. The processor of the x23 is more powerful and more battery efficient. I didn't think to check about the battery efficiency. Thank you!
I will also remember the the battery life should be better on VollaOS.

Thank you also to n8igall.

I will probably buy one of those model. If I do, I will report how long the battery last.

Zurück zu „General“