Forumsregeln
Before creating a topic or post, please follow our Binding Forum Rules.
edjec
VollaPhone mit: Volla OS 12
sonstiges Handy/iPhone mit Android Version/iOS Version: Volla 22 Multiboot running Volla OS, Ubuntu, & Sailfish. Well, I did have UT and Sailfish until the VOS 12 update...

U.S Volla Distributor - RLM Solutions

There is a recent update on the T-Mobil website that states they will shut down their 2G network on April 2, 2024.
https://www.t-mobile.com/support/covera ... -evolution

We've been through T-Mobile's moving 2G sunsetting schedule twice before, so it's anyone's guess as to whether or not this will hold. But, as they say, "The third time's a charm!".

Assuming they will retire the 2G network on this date, it is coincidentally the same date that Volla phones will cease to function as communication devices in the U.S. So, does anyone have updated information on RLM Solutions? I subscribed to their news and info emails, but have had no communications at all from them. Not even an acknowledgment email.

Volla - can you provide any information regarding RLM Solutions and/or the availability of a U.S. version Volla phone without violating any confidentiality agreements with RLM? Maybe something as simple as an expected release date?

For anyone wanting no information about RLM Solutions other than a general location (spoiler - they're in Washington), here's their site: https://www.rlm.solutions/

April is closing in and contrary to popular belief, no news is not good news.
edjec
sonstiges Handy/iPhone mit Android Version/iOS Version: Volla 22 Multiboot running Volla OS, Ubuntu, & Sailfish. Well, I did have UT and Sailfish until the VOS 12 update...

Update on the pending T-Mobile 2G sunset date.

I am using a Volla 22, which I received in September of 2022. After much research, trial and error, and hacking, I was able to get it recognized on T-Mobile’s 2G network, as no other frequency bands are compatible with those offered here in the North American Region (NAR).

Hardware-wise, it is a very nice phone and the Volla OS is maturing nicely as well. The issue in the States with Volla phones is that they only function at the 2G level, so normal smartphone functions are severely restricted. Since T-Mobile is the only carrier offering 2G, options are limited (ya think?). T-Mobile hasn’t been very honest about its supported networks and it’s difficult to understand why they’ve taken this posture.

They have repeatedly stated that they already have or will shortly sunset the 2G and 3G networks, but the document below clearly illustrates that they have not. That and the fact that the Volla phones still work on 2G are proof that the networks are still in operation.

Immediately below is a direct cut from the T-Mobile Network Evolution website page stating the dates that they have or will sunset each network:

Key Dates
• On April 2, 2024, T-Mobile’s older 2G GSM network will be retired
• As of July 1, 2022, T-Mobile’s older 3G UMTS network has been retired
• As of June 30, 2022, Sprint’s LTE network has been retired
• As of March 31, 2022, Sprint’s older 3G (CDMA) network has been retired
Keep these dates in mind.

Attached is a collateral document I received in the mail on 10/17/23. As you can see it clearly states that both 2G and 3G are still available and that they are actively pursuing and accepting new connections.

Obviously, this is in conflict with their posted sunset date for 2G, and how are they still supporting 3G if they claim to have retired the network on July 1, 2022? Why are they offering new subscriptions to 2G if they are shutting the network down in six months? Hmmmm?

As I’ve mentioned in other posts here; the 2G network in the US of A supports an incredible amount of devices, from parking meters, signs, pipelines, electric meters, and on and on… So, what is the purpose of stating that the 2G network is being retired when it’s not?

So, what’s it going to be T-Mobile; 2G or not 2G? That is the question.
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
edjec

Re: U.S Volla Distributor - RLM Solutions

[Updates on T-Mobile 2G Sunset date and RLM]

As suspected, T-Mobile has flinched again on the sunset date of their 2G network. When originally posted, the Network Evolution link above displayed April 2, 2024, as the pending shutdown of the 2G network. This page has been amended and now displays:
While we have not yet established an exact date, we will notify you in advance when we plan to retire T-Mobile's older 2G (GSM) network. Please be aware that as we work towards this retirement, capacity and coverage of the T-Mobile 2G (GSM) network will change as some 2G (GSM) sites will come down prior to the full network retirement.
I can attest to the increasing capacity limitations and coverage outages, as I have experienced increasing outages and limited bandwidth since the beginning of this year. There are many times that phone calls on the Volla 22 start fine for about 15 to 20 seconds and then begin to break up as if in a poor cell area, even to the extent of complete silence until a conversation is not possible. Text messages may or may not be sent. There is no way to anticipate if the phone will even be usable.

As for RLM Solutions distributing a US/NAR version of the Volla Phones; RLM? RLM who? They are gone. Their website has been removed, and the domain name appears to have been parked. I had tried to contact them several times in the past year and never received a response.

Volla – would you care to offer any insight on this issue? Is a NAR version coming or not? A comment would be appreciated.
edjec

As suspected, T-Mobile has flinched again on the sunset date of their 2G network. When originally posted, the Network Evolution link above displayed April 2, 2024, as the pending shutdown of the 2G network. This page has been amended and now displays:
While we have not yet established an exact date, we will notify you in advance when we plan to retire T-Mobile's older 2G (GSM) network. Please be aware that as we work towards this retirement, capacity and coverage of the T-Mobile 2G (GSM) network will change as some 2G (GSM) sites will come down prior to the full network retirement.
I can attest to the increasing capacity limitations and coverage outages, as I have experienced increasing outages and limited bandwidth since the beginning of this year. There are many times that phone calls on the Volla 22 start fine for about 15 to 20 seconds and then begin to break up as if in a poor cell area, even to the extent of complete silence until a conversation is not possible. Text messages may or may not be sent. There is no way to anticipate if the phone will even be usable.

As for RLM Solutions distributing a US/NAR version of the Volla Phones; RLM? RLM who? They are gone. Their website has been removed, and the domain name appears to have been parked. I had tried to contact them several times in the past year and never received a response.

Volla – would you care to offer any insight on this issue? Is a NAR version coming or not? A comment would be appreciated.
edjec

edjec

Zurück zu „General“