Forumsregeln
Before creating a topic or post, please follow our Binding Forum Rules.
optoisolated

Volla Phone in Australia

I've just unboxed and set up my new Volla 22, and so far i have not been able to get voice calling working. I've put the SIM card in and I can use mobile data without any issues, and SMS appears to work; however inbound and outbound calling doesn't seem to work. When i try to make a call it just sits for about 20 seconds trying then disconnects. No connection appears to be happening. Any ideas? I am on the Belong Network (Telstra 4G)
DenMoore

Re: Volla Phone in Australia

Same for me. The following works for me.
Turn on flight mode, then turn off flight mode.
Now I can make/receive phones calls.
If you restart your phone, you will need to turn flight mode on/off again.
Cheers
optoisolated

Just tried that. didn't fix it. Did you just do it once? Turn on flight mode then turn it off immediately? which network are you with?
DenMoore

I am with Boost which uses Telstra 4G
The Volla when using Telstra can only make calls using VOLTE so check
settings - network - mobile - 4G calling is on and preferred network type is 4G.
Then turn flight mode on, wait 10secs and turn off.
If still cant make/receive calls try
settings - system - advance - reset options - reset wifi, mobile and bluetooth. Reset settings (you will lose wifi passwords etc)
Check 4G calling is on
Turn flight mode on/off

Cheers
optoisolated

I must be doing something wrong; didn't work for me at all. Data works fine, but no calls. Tried with and without WiFi turned on, tried flight mode on/off a few times, did the Wireless reset etc.. Still nothing. Even tried SIM2 instead. No difference. I'm with Belong which uses Telstra 4G as well. I did notice that my SIM card doesn't display the Phone number. Wondering if the phone doesn't like that. My old Telstra SIM shows me the the number but that plan isnt active any more so obviously doesnt work. Wondering if it's somethign to do with how Belong do their SIMs.
DenMoore

I like you, tried all sorts of things including different sim slot until stumbling on the Flight Mode fix.
I also cleared the cache in the dialer app plus in apn settings reset to default. Did nothing at the time but maybe worth
a try.
My sim does not display my number either. I don't think its your sim as you are getting data.
I would report to customer service, form on web site. I have already but yet to get a reply that fix's the issue.
I will ask tonight on Volla's telegram channel.
If you can get your hands on a optus sim, all should work as optus 3G works with Volla ie 3G for calls, 4G for data.
For my own interest, I just turned my phone completely off, turn back on - no calls. Flight mode on/off - can make calls.
Maybe try in that order.

Cheers
bondibeach
sonstiges Handy/iPhone mit Android Version/iOS Version: Your web forms are broken in firefox (english)

Worked with "no changes" on vodafone.
DenMoore

Works with "no changes" on optus as well.
Both optus & vodaphone use 3G 900mhz hence calls out the box.
If you want to use VOLTE for calls you will still need to turn on/off flight mode once after starting.
Telstra uses 3G 850mhz which is not in Volla's spec hence calls can only be made via VOLTE

Zurück zu „Volla Phone“