Forumsregeln
Before creating a topic or post, please follow our Binding Forum Rules.
PGuerra

Volla Phone 22 not recognizing sim in slot 1.

Hi!

My new Volla Phone 22 with Ubuntu Touch don't recognizes sim inserted in slot 1 when a sd card is also inserted in sd slot. Without sd inserted the sim is recognized and everything works well. With sd inserted only with the sim in slot 2 the phone recognizes the sim and works well.

Thanks
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
stu

Re: Volla Phone 22 not recognizing sim in slot 1.

+1

I have the same problem with Ubuntu Touch on an SD card (as the dual boot option for my 22 with Volla OS).

If the reason is indeed the insertion of an SD card then dual boot would be generally impossible... Sounds like an issue for support @Volla.

(And while we're at it: If there's a bugfix, I can't install it: When I go to Settings/Updates and tap on "Install..." and then "Restart & Install" Ubuntu Touch does shut down but it never installs the downloaded update. So I've decided to ignore Ubuntu Touch for the time being.)

Do you use a Sandisk card? (I do and I know from other contexts that some of their models can cause strange problems that do not occur with other cards (by Samsung for example)).
PGuerra

Yes the card is a Sandisk Extreme Pro ( a speedy one :-) )!...
I'm going to get another from other brand to confirm and post here the result.
stu

That's exactly the one I'm using (128 GB) as well. However, it's only a very wild guess that the brand might have to do with the problems. So using another model may not help (I guess more likely than not it won't) .
PGuerra

In Ubports forum someone said that some card brands were problematic.
So I tried with onother card and the slot 1 got recognized. After that I tried with the sd card that originaly didn't let slot 1 to be recognized and surprise the slot1 became recognizes as well.
I repeated the procedure and everything got working normally.

The sd that originally was problematic was Sandisk Extreme PRO 64GB.
The sd that I used to try a diferent brand was Integral 32 GB.

Now the sim in slot 1 is recognizes with both cards.

I allready reported at github.
stu

So it seems to boil down to: "Do NOT use Sandisk cards", doesn't it?

I guess Volla should quickly include this info in their manual for installing Ubuntu Touch, especially as the second OS https://volla.online/en/faqs/
PGuerra

stu hat geschrieben: So 21. Aug 2022, 15:16 So it seems to boil down to: "Do NOT use Sandisk cards", doesn't it?

I guess Volla should quickly include this info in their manual for installing Ubuntu Touch, especially as the second OS https://volla.online/en/faqs/

Now the Sandisk card is working nicely along with sim in slot 1!... Don't ask me why?!...

Probably it needed a week of rest... He, he, heeee... :twisted:

Apparently there are no problems anymore whit Sandisk.
MV179

Hi all,
I already have a Vollphone and I decided to buy a Volla22 for the dual boot.
I had to send it back because I was not able to install UT. The service solved it very quickly. Now I'm facing other issues and one is the slot1.
I have to move the sim on slot 2.
A question: which version of UT is better to use? Stable or Release candidate?
MV
Anna
sonstiges Handy/iPhone mit Android Version/iOS Version: Volla Phone 22 - Multiboot mit VollaOS, Ubuntu Touch & Sailfish OS
Pinephone - Mobian

If you install Ubuntu Touch as a second OS via the Volla Boot Manager, it's not only fairly simply, but you won't have to choose a UT version. The version from the Volla Boot Manager (which I believe would be stable) should work flawlessly on the Volla 22, at least it does in my case.

Just follow these instructions https://volla.online/en/faqs/ - "How can I install another operating system?"). (Btw: If you have a large enough SD card you might additionally install Sailfish OS as a third operating system (by just repeating the whole procedure).)

Zurück zu „Volla Phone“