Forumsregeln
Before creating a topic or post, please follow our Binding Forum Rules.
Volla

Re: Cannot get Volla Phone 22 configured with Verizon APN in USA, to send or receive phone calls?

Your information suggests that it is an arbitrary block. The USA is the only country in the world to which we deliver and receive this feedback.

I am surprised that G5 is a technical requirement, since this standard is only possible in urban regions where antennas are set up at a dense distance. The range is comparable to WLAN. In rural areas, network coverage with the G4 standard is not possible.

We will contact our US partner and selected carriers.
edjec
VollaPhone mit: Volla OS 12
sonstiges Handy/iPhone mit Android Version/iOS Version: Volla 22 Multiboot running Volla OS, Ubuntu, & Sailfish. Well, I did have UT and Sailfish until the VOS 12 update...

Re: Cannot get Volla Phone 22 configured with Verizon APN in USA, to send or receive phone calls?

Volla hat geschrieben: The USA is the only country in the world to which we deliver and receive this feedback.
That's probably because we have the best politicians money can buy! They protect (legislate for) their biggest campaign donors at our expense, both literally and figuratively! :x

Thank you for your continued help!
jbriones95

edjec hat geschrieben: Fr 23. Sep 2022, 21:26
Volla hat geschrieben: The USA is the only country in the world to which we deliver and receive this feedback.
That's probably because we have the best politicians money can buy! They protect (legislate for) their biggest campaign donors at our expense, both literally and figuratively! :x

Thank you for your continued help!
Try Speedtalk USA. I just got my Volla 22 and the only one that works so far is Speedtalk. They don't restrict IMEI's and allow for 2G connectivity to be used. I believe this should be your only option. I've been using it this afternoon and no issues with calls or texts. Signal is not strong everywhere, but it does work in some areas. I'll keep testing and my review should be out in the next 2 weeks.
jamesm067

Hello jbriones95,

That is great news if you found a SIM that works with the Volla 22. What state are you located, within the USA? I am in Massachusetts and following your success, I ordered a SpeedTalk SIM card too. I will post my findings when I receive the SIM card.

Have you tried this SIM card with Ubuntu Touch too, on your Volla 22 Phone?

Please let us know if you find other SIM cards that work.

Regards

James
edjec
sonstiges Handy/iPhone mit Android Version/iOS Version: Volla 22 Multiboot running Volla OS, Ubuntu, & Sailfish. Well, I did have UT and Sailfish until the VOS 12 update...

jbriones95 hat geschrieben: Di 27. Sep 2022, 04:57 Try Speedtalk USA. I just got my Volla 22 and the only one that works so far is Speedtalk. They don't restrict IMEI's and allow for 2G connectivity to be used. I believe this should be your only option. I've been using it this afternoon and no issues with calls or texts. Signal is not strong everywhere, but it does work in some areas. I'll keep testing and my review should be out in the next 2 weeks.
Congrats on getting the Volla 22 to work and thanks for letting us know!
  • Can you tell us how far into the 3G/4G LTE decommissioning and 5G transition the Denver area is now and who is the dominant carrier?
  • Also, is the SIM card you used in the new V22 a new card or a swap from an operating phone?
  • What carrier is the SpeedTalk SIM card using?
I took a look at the SpeedTalk site and found this disclaimer:
SpeedTalk Mobile™ plans can be activated on the national wireless networks on which SpeedTalk Mobile™ provides service to as long as the device is compatible with that network. SpeedTalk Mobile™ utilizes the best networks in America for talk, text, and data service. Please review the coverage map to ensure that you reside in an area where service is provided on your device. You likely do, but you will want to verify before completing your purchase.

Please Note: 2G & 3G services might not be available in all areas due to carrier decommissioning/shutdown of these frequencies. SpeedTalk Mobile™ recommends using 5G, 4G LTE, or newer devices for better service.
I don't think it matters which MVNO you use if the 3G and 4G LTE networks have not been decommissioned in your area, the phone should work. However, if those networks are not being provided anymore then it won't. I've tried MVNOs that did not check the IMEI when registering for a SIM card, but as soon as I tried to activate the cards in the phone, the IMEI number was checked by the carrier during that process and rejected.

That said, I did order a SpeedTalk SIM in the hopes that it may work here in SLC. I will post the results of that test here.
jamesm067

Hello,

Rob Braxman put out a video on September 28th, 2022 on YouTube called:

"Mobile Carrier IMEI Checks are a Consumer Abuse! How to Fight Back"

https://youtu.be/tgfUklmud3c

I highly recommend watching it!!!

Rob sells his own Brax2 phone and he has found that the same hardware specs, on one of his custom privacy phones, is being rejected.

So, in the video, he shows you how to clone your good working IMEI, from another phone you own to your custom privacy phone. Then, you will find your phone works on the various networks.

This will probably work with the Volla Phone 22.

As far as the IMEI number goes it is the TAC number within the IMEI, that is relevant.

So, it seems that the mobile network providers/resellers are playing games on the consumer, with respect to the IMEI number.

-J
jamesm067

Hello,

I received the SpeedTalk SIM in the mail today, activated the SIM over the web first then powered off Volla 22 phone, inserted SIM card in Slot 1 and powered up phone, using Volla OS.

At first, the triangle symbol was fully populated and solid. But, when I went to make a call, nothing happened. I looked again and the triangle was now empty with an x inside the triangle. I adjusted the APN MMS URL, but no luck. This APN information displayed, is from T-Mobile.

It did say on the paperwork from SpeedTalk, that it could take anywhere from 24-72 hours for the GPRS and data settings to sync.

Well, I will leave it on and see if it syncs in that time. My guess is that it will not work. I think that is because TMobile might be a little weak in and around my home versus Verizon.

Regards,

-J
edjec

@jamesm067
I checked the band coverage for the Boston area and only found a hint of 3G in the Town of Lincoln along the main drag through Verizon. T-Mobile had a few very limited spots and AT&T had a small area in Plymouth, down by the Cape. I wouldn’t expect the new SIM to function unless you are in one of those areas.

However, the new Braxman video is very interesting – thanks for sharing!

It’s perfect timing with our discussion about the IMEI number being rejected. Braxman confirmed what we suspected the carriers are doing by blocking functional phones through the IMEI number.

Braxman states:
If you are using the following carriers, they have IMEI limitations so the solution is that we flash the BraX2 with a different IMEI that is compatible with these carriers.
Volla, is there a way we can flash (spoof) the IMEI as Braxman does with his phones? If it's possible, my hand is in the air to volunteer.

@jbriones95
I would guess that you can get some functionality with the Volla 22 because there are still pockets of 2G and 3G in the mountains west of Denver. I would bet that you are getting reflections from those towers. I don’t see any 2G or 3G in the metropolitan area at all, which may support your spotty coverage.

Here in the Salt Lake valley, there are no 2G or 3G towers in service at all, and none that I can find in the mountains either.

I should receive my SpeedTalk SIM card in the next few days, but I would be willing to bet dollars to donuts that it won’t work. All three carriers here block the IMEI.
jamesm067

@edjec

Hi Edjec,

The SpeedTalk SIM is a DUD!!! I only paid $5 for mine, so, not too big of a loss. Thanks for the info on towns where I could possibly use the SpeedTalk SIM. Plymouth is about 25-30 minutes from here and so that would be the nearest test location for a SpeedTalk SIM.

I live about 12 minutes East of the city of New Bedford, on the south coast of Massachusetts.

Yesterday, I took my Verizon 5G SIM out of my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 phone and put it in the Volla 22 Phone and then put the SpeedTalk SIM into the Samsung phone and I was able to send text messages both ways.

So, the SpeedTalk SIM did work in my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 phone when I sent texts to the Verizon SIM, in the Volla Phone. But, that was it. I tried calling my Verizon SIM in the Volla phone and it went to voicemail. I suppose I could try to edit the Verizon APN settings on the Volla phone again. But,cI have some that before with no luck.

Overall, Verizon has never blocked text messages. The problem is with making voice phone calls. It never dials out and never receives calls.

A funny story. My wife last night was asking me about my Verizon SIM card, as she got notices from Verizon that I had removed that SIM card from the Samsung phone and had put it in another phone, and, that phone now needed to be configured on the Verizon network. We get a discount plan through my wife's employer and therefore have a family plan, under her name. So, Verizon is well aware of when the SIM card moves from phone to phone...
linparda

Hello everyone,

I was just about to buy 2 Volla Phone 22s when I read through this thread. I live in Florida, just south of Tampa and east of Bradenton/Sarasota. I use Mint and my area uses 600 MHz for the best signal - and 4G LTE L 700, 45G LTE L2100, 4G LTE L600, 4G LTE L1900, UMTS and GSM.

Hope this helps

Where are we on this? Should I just wait for Volla Phone 23? Is there a change on the horizon?

I look forward to your responses and help.

Zurück zu „Volla Phone“