Forumsregeln
Before creating a topic or post, please follow our Binding Forum Rules.
sunburnedpenguin
VollaPhone mit: Volla OS 12
sonstiges Handy/iPhone mit Android Version/iOS Version: Xperia 10+ with Sailfish

Re-flashing Volla OS

I'm hoping someone can provide some suggestions or guidance. My Volla 22 has been functionally useless since the 29 October update. Everything appeared to go smoothly, but after the phone upgraded and rebooted, it crashes when idle for 1-5 minutes and continues to do this until the battery dies or it is powered off. I've since applied the November, December, and January updates in the hopes this would correct the issue, but it hasn't. I've done a factory reset and opted not to install any apps or import data, but the problem persists.

I've opened support tickets, but the only advice offered was to apply the November update and/or do a factory reset.

I'd really like to return to using my Volla as my daily driver, but in its current state, I cannot. I thought perhaps re-flashing the phone memory with the Volla image might help, but I haven't been able to find a good how-to guide on this.

Any help would be much appreciated!
franco_bez

Re: Re-flashing Volla OS

what exactly do you mean with "crashes when it's idle for 1 - 5 minutes" ?

does it permanently reboot?
is it impossible to turn it back on?

what is the nature of those crashes?
sunburnedpenguin
sonstiges Handy/iPhone mit Android Version/iOS Version: Xperia 10+ with Sailfish

If I am actively using it: texting, chatting, searching the web, etc. it does not crash, but if the screen locks because of inactivity, then the screen flashes briefly, and the phone reboots. Sometimes it will get stuck between reboots and must be hard powered off with the volume and power button combination. It will continue the crash cycle until the screen is unlocked, and I'm using an application. Then will crash again when not in use and keep power-cycling.
franco_bez

I never heard of similar behaviour on any phone.
As the problem on your phone seems to be the same even after a complete factory reset, I assume a hardware defect.

Does the problem also occur when neither sim nor sd card is inserted?

If so I would send it in for repair.
utwb

I also never heard about the problem you discribe.

However, if you are prepared to reinstall the firmware and your user apps, user data etc. on your VP22, you can also install Volla OS 11 with the UBports installer.
Prerequisite: The developer mode is enabled. The UBports installer explains how to do this.

Alternatively look at https://rubencarneiro.github.io/rubenca ... 22-repair/
I think this ist the way Customer service will repair your VP22.

Please do not forget to back up your data before reinstalling the firmware.
sunburnedpenguin

Thank you for the replies! I purchased my Volla 22 in August 2022, which I believe means it's still under warranty till this August. Will send it in to Volla for re-flashing to be on the safe side.

Zurück zu „Volla OS“