Forumsregeln
Before creating a topic or post, please follow our Binding Forum Rules.
mgraham

Google Calendar

This is my first experience with a non-google Android phone, and I was surprised how many apps worked properly without Google Services (I installed everything via the Aurora app store).

I am a heavy Google Calendar user for work. Google Calendar is one of the few apps that crashes on launch.

When I go into the settings for the built-in calendar app, there is a CalDAV sync option, but when I check the box, I get a dialog that says:

Code: Alles auswählen

"Select Calendars to sync - No synchronizable calendars have been found.  OK/Cancel"
I can't find any other sync settings in the Calendar app, so I'm not sure what to do with that error message.

What is the best way to get a calendar on the phone to sync with Google?
mgraham

Re: Google Calendar

Oh it looks like I need to set up DAVx5 first. Investigating...
stefan2022

Hi mgraham,

thats the right way. After you put an account, its easy and works fine.

You might have to put a Password in your Google account for the APP you are synchronising with.

Enjoy your Volla!

Regards,
Stefan
Gelice
VollaPhone mit: Volla OS 12
sonstiges Handy/iPhone mit Android Version/iOS Version: Fairphone 4

I found an easy solution to integrate a google calendar (internet calendar): ICSx5: Look here or in your f-droid-store: https://f-droid.org/en/packages/at.bitfire.icsdroid/

After having installed the app and having registered the specific calendar, you only have to go to the native calendar app on your volla phone, go to settings - CalDAV sync - Manage synced calendars. That’s it.

Zurück zu „Volla OS“