Forumsregeln
Before creating a topic or post, please follow our Binding Forum Rules.
partypooper
sonstiges Handy/iPhone mit Android Version/iOS Version: Samsung S21

"This user cannot install unknown apps"

Dear all,

Each time I try to install an application from Aurora Store or via Firefox or via an .apk stored in the file system (with File manager) I got the message above. All have been autorized in System seetings.

The only thing I did since my latest update was to switch from spring board to Trebuchet and back.

Any ideas any one?

Thx
Anna
sonstiges Handy/iPhone mit Android Version/iOS Version: Volla Phone 22 - Multiboot mit VollaOS, Ubuntu Touch & Sailfish OS
Pinephone - Mobian

Re: "This user cannot install unknown apps"

I guess this is because the security mode is active on your phone.

But since you forgot the password to deactivate it, as you described here viewtopic.php?f=36&t=542 and since customer service @Volla does not reply, there's probably no fix. I'd suppose that even if customer service did answer eventually, they'd tell that there's nothing that can be done. It would actually be a backdoor / an exploit if it were possible to deactivate the security mode without a password.

If I were you, I would simply save everything important, do a seedvault backup and reset the phone (maybe after waiting for two or three days for a more pleasant answer than this one).
partypooper
sonstiges Handy/iPhone mit Android Version/iOS Version: Samsung S21

Re: "This user cannot install unknown apps"

Of course!

I had not realised the security mode also prevented you from installing app. Stupid me.

Since I got no news from support, I factory reset the phone and problem disappeared (I wrote down the security mode password, I promise ;)

Many thanks Anna! Good call.

Thread closed.

Best regards,

Patrick

Zurück zu „Volla OS“