Forumsregeln
Before creating a topic or post, please follow our Binding Forum Rules.
Dennis_K
VollaPhone mit: Volla OS 12

BitDefender Mobile Security & VollaOS

Good day,

I'm looking to the community for some help with app compatibility issues.

After a recent VollaOS update, I am now getting an error message when trying to launch BitDefender Mobile Security:

'Something went wrong
Check that Google Play is enable on your device and that you're
using an up-to-date version before opening the app'.

The program simply becomes unresponsive; the only option is to swipe upward to close the program. (I have tried to attach a screenshot of the error message to this post).

I am a BitDefender customer, and have a paid subscription to their Total Security program, and registered the mobile app once on the VollaPhone, which came up registered on the BitDefender Central desktop program. The company allows up to 5 devices to have the program per subscription (desktops, laptops, mobiles, etc.). When I received the VollaPhone (early 2022), I installed BitDefender Mobile Security (and subsequently their separate VPN app) via the Aurora Store, and they seemed to work just fine.

The Program simply becomes unresponsive; the only option is to swipe upward to close the program.

Aurora Store suggests that I have the latest version (i.e. it does not indicate that an update is required - in fact I did an app update when the app seems to have started malfunctioning after the most recent VollaOS update that came available (early 2023)) - version 3.3.193.2156 (31934312), dated December 20, 2022 (as well as several other updates to the native apps).

From the phone settings, I was able to determine that the VollaOS version is 11.1-20221017-STABLE-yggdrasil

BitDefender seemed to work just fine before the OS update; even had a little 'B' icon at the top of the phone showing it was active. Now
that icon is gone.

Anyone having similar experiences, or know what the issue may be?
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Dennis_K

Follow-up: BitDefender Mobile Security & VollaOS

Good day,

Following up on my earlier post, I'm pleased to report that BitDefender Mobile Security (version 3.3.195.2164) can now be downloaded successfully (from the Aurora store) onto the VollaPhone, and appears to work just fine. This follows up on recently installing a VollaOS 11.1 update (dated January 11, 2023), yesterday (January 21st).

Prior to this, as an interim measure, I uninstalled BMS and used LibreAV (from the F-Droid store). Running scans with both BMS and LibreAV doesn't appear to show any incompatibility between the two at this time, which is positive, as I can now leave both of them on the mobile.
Dennis_K

Follow-up: BitDefender Mobile Security & VollaOS

Good day,

Following up on my post from January 22, 2023, I found that BitDefender yet again seemed to encounter functionality issues shortly after installation, but this time it seemed to suggest that activation of a program called 'microG Services Core' was needed, and when engaged, it seemed to help bring about fully functionality of BitDefender Mobile Security.

I was concerned that this program was somehow Google-related, but after some online research, it appears to be separate from that.
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Zurück zu „Volla OS“