Forumsregeln
Before creating a topic or post, please follow our Binding Forum Rules.
sunburnedpenguin
VollaPhone mit: Volla OS 12
sonstiges Handy/iPhone mit Android Version/iOS Version: Xperia 10+ with Sailfish

SD Card on 12.1

The upgrade to 12.1 was successful, and I really like the new theme with the butterfly.

I ran into some trouble with the SD card after the upgrade: it told me the card was corrupt and needed to be set up before using it. I backed up the data and let the phone re-format the card (to use as portable storage, not internal). Afterwards, I ejected the card, mounted it on my laptop and copied the data back over. Upon re-inserting it in the Volla, it again told me the SD card was corrupt. I re-formatted it again, but instead of ejecting the card to copy the data, I plugged the phone into my laptop and transferred it via USB. It worked for about 30 minutes, and then again told me the SD card needed to be re-formatted.

I again ejected the SD card and mounted it on my Linux laptop. The file structure seemed fine, but I re-formatted as ext4 instead of the Volla default of FAT32. This seemed to correct the issue, and I was again listening to podcasts stored on the SD card, but after about 20 minutes of listening, the audio stopped, and I saw the phone once again said the SD card was corrupt and needed to be set up again before using it.

I made sure to set the same owner and group Volla used when I would save files to the SD card for the copied-over files and folders. I also set the permissions on files consistent with Volla's behaviour.

Has anyone else had problems of this sort?
Zuletzt geändert von sunburnedpenguin am Mi 12. Jul 2023, 11:35, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
BastelWastel

Re: SD Card on 12.1

Hi
I have also a SD Card problem, writen in the German area, my german is much better then my english. 😆😆

Copy data to the card - it locks fine - reboot, a lot, not all datas (mp3 and jpeg) are gone.

I saw also in the Volla boot manager SD Card error, wrong format. MBR format is wrong use GBT format, do you will do this - yes

Format again - Card error but the card is working.

I'm not at home so I can't check it or do the GPT format at my laptop, but maybe GBT is the solution

Cheers Arno
sunburnedpenguin
sonstiges Handy/iPhone mit Android Version/iOS Version: Xperia 10+ with Sailfish

I will give GPT a shot and let you know. :)
sunburnedpenguin

Bad news: it worked for a few minutes, but after three attempts to play mp3 files, it was unmounted, and the Volla told me it was corrupt and needed to be formatted. I'm afraid GPT wasn't the answer. :(
sunburnedpenguin

Another update: after the phone told me the SD card was corrupt and needed to be re-formatted, I ejected it and waited a day. It again recognises the data on the card, but when I try to play music from the card, I hear sound for about a second or two, and it stops. I've tried with both VLC and Odyssey. (The native Music Player app has never played nice with music stored on external storage.)
BastelWastel

Hi I have solved my problem.
I three the same cards (different capability the same type, and all cards had the same problem in my mobile phone, after some time I tested the cards in one from my tablets - same error - ups.
In out, check left, check right .......
All three cards are bad, I bought some new card from a other distributor, everything is working well now

Bye Arno

Zurück zu „Volla OS“