Forumsregeln
Before creating a topic or post, please follow our Binding Forum Rules.
urbanspaceman

Seldom getting notifications (Volla 22 on VollaOS 11.1)

I've been through all the settings a dozen times, but I'm missing a lot of texts from people. I often only get them when I wake the phone, which can be too late. I just did a test where I loaded the same news apps on both an iPhone and the Volla to see if I'd get notifications on both, but while the iPhone got dozens from those apps the Volla got none. How do I get the phone to check more often?
urbanspaceman

Re: Seldom getting notifications (Volla 22 on VollaOS 11.1)

Tried upgrading to OS 12.1. Same issue. Seldom gets texts when phone screen if off (or it's locked). Only when it unlocks does it download the texts.
urbanspaceman

This may have fixed it...at least texts seem to be arriving immediately now:

Settings > Apps > All (show system) > Messaging service > Battery, set to "Unrestricted"
cameo
VollaPhone mit: Volla OS 12

I am having the same problem on my X23 running VollaOS version 12.1 12-20230508-STABLE-vidofnir

If I have not used the phone for a while then it will not notify me that I have received SMS messages. I do hope this is fixed soon.
Clockwork
VollaPhone mit: Ubuntu Touch

I've also been having that same issue. Sometimes, I would receive notifications up to 16 minutes after they actually arrived. The same thing also happened with the phone alarm, which only started ringing 10 minutes after the actual time (alarm set to 8:20 but started ringing at 8:31).

I just tried setting the unrestricted battery setting for the system messaging service. I'm hoping it will fix the issue with all kinds of notifications, without being too energy hungry (it looked like the phone could run for 2 entire weeks without being recharged).

Edit: It looks like setting only the messasing service isn't enough. The alarm is still not ringing at due time.

Edit2: I just disabled "Battery Saver" in Settings > Battery. It seems to be working better for now.
Edit3: Maybe not actually. The phone notified me of an incoming SMS, but when I opened it, I realised it was sent 55 minutes ago!

Zurück zu „Volla OS“