Forumsregeln
Before creating a topic or post, please follow our Binding Forum Rules.
Clockwork
VollaPhone mit: Ubuntu Touch

Does Volla OS 12.1 officially support multiboot yet?

Hey there, I recently flashed my phone using the UBPorts installer on my Volla 22 to move on from Ubuntu Touch to Volla OS, after which I updated the OS to version 12.1. Then attempted to use the multiboot feature by installing Ubuntu Touch on an SD card from within the Settings.

Although the installation looked like it went well, no matter how much I tried, I never managed to boot into Ubuntu Touch after rebooting. And now my phone won't boot on Volla OS anymore.

I was able to fix the issue by performing a factory reset, which brought Volla OS back to the blank slate state. Should I avoid using the multiboot feature on Volla OS 12.1?
Clockwork

Re: Does Volla OS 12.1 officially support multiboot yet?

According to this German thread, the work is in progress: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=750

In the meantime, you should avoid trying to use the multiboot feature, or else you might mess up your Volla OS.
Stingray
sonstiges Handy/iPhone mit Android Version/iOS Version: Blackbarry Passport; Pinephone; Xperia X (Sailfish); Nexus (Ubuntu Touch), some Windows Phones no bitten fruits !!! ;)

Yes there is no image yet but it should come with one of the next updates.
Clockwork

Hey there, just to be sure, does Volla support multiboot with Ubuntu Touch yet?

I noticed the GUI for installing it on the SD card has changed, but when I tried to install it, it ended in an error, and when I rebooted my phone, not even Volla OS was available to boot anymore.

For a second, I thought it had wiped my phone clean, until I realised it's just the SD card who cannot show Volla OS as a boot option anymore. I removed my SD card to be able to boot again.

Edit: I think I know what happened: I had deleted the "abm" thingy because I didn't know what it was, then tried installing Ubuntu Touch, which ended in error. After trying to format the SD card, it failed. Then I rebooted, which caused the issue.

Zurück zu „Volla OS“