Forumsregeln
Before creating a topic or post, please follow our Binding Forum Rules.
rudi.timmer

Anbox on UT OTA-16

Hi Guys,

I have made a better and nicer look install guide.

You can find it here:

https://xray2000.gitlab.io/anbox/

Have fun! ;)

Greetings,

Rudi
Volla

Re: Anbox on UT OTA-16

Hey Rudi,

that looks great. Good job.

Kind regards
Thomas
Mi6

Installation guide is good but does anyone else have the issue with multiple desktop entries for Android apps?
waldbursche
VollaPhone mit: Multiboot VollaOS und Ubuntu Touch

Mi6 hat geschrieben: Di 30. Mär 2021, 20:01 ...does anyone else have the issue with multiple desktop entries for Android apps?
It's a known bug.
Try reboot or pull down the appdrawer to refresh. Sometimes it's helpfull.
Beste Grüße und eine gute Zeit - Best regards and a good time

Moderator des Forums
Hinweise? -> PN an mich

Mod of this forum
Notes? -> DM me
Blondi

Hi Rudi,

can you please explain how can I move things, for example, from a folder in ut to an android folder? I want to restore data from simple calendar but i can't access backed up data because it is stored in download file in ut.

Thx
rudi.timmer

Blondi hat geschrieben: Fr 2. Apr 2021, 09:29 Hi Rudi,

can you please explain how can I move things, for example, from a folder in ut to an android folder? I want to restore data from simple calendar but i can't access backed up data because it is stored in download file in ut.

Thx
Hi,

It is possible but it's not easy to explaine for now, as there is no connection between UT and the Anbox folders.
What you can try it to get access the /home/phablet/anbox-data/data/media/0 there you will find your download directory etc...
Or you can also try to do this:

mkdir -p /home/phablet/AnboxHome
chown phablet:phablet /home/phablet/AnboxHome
chmod -R 755 /home/phablet/AnboxHome
chmod -R 777 /home/phablet/anbox-data/data
mount --bind /home/phablet/anbox-data/data/media/0 /home/phablet/AnboxHome

Good luck!

Greetings,
Rudi
Blondi

rudi.timmer hat geschrieben: Fr 2. Apr 2021, 15:05

Thx
Hi,

It is possible but it's not easy to explaine for now, as there is no connection between UT and the Anbox folders.
What you can try it to get access the /home/phablet/anbox-data/data/media/0 there you will find your download directory etc...

Good luck!

Greetings,
Rudi
Thank you for your answer but also for this simple guide with anbox installation so people, like me, who are not experts, still manage to do things successfully. Is there a command how could I push the file from computer to Anbox folder? I'm just trying to learn something new. On Volla Phone, Anbox is working little beat better than on Nexus 5.
Blondi

I have also discovered that with Simple Gallery App there is no way to access the pictures folder even with the new taken photos. I am big fan of Simple Tool Apps and that is the only thing I miss on UT.
rudi.timmer

Blondi hat geschrieben: Fr 2. Apr 2021, 19:44
rudi.timmer hat geschrieben: Fr 2. Apr 2021, 15:05

Thx
Hi,

Good luck!

Greetings,
Rudi
Thank you for your answer but also for this simple guide with anbox installation so people, like me, who are not experts, still manage to do things successfully. Is there a command how could I push the file from computer to Anbox folder? I'm just trying to learn something new. On Volla Phone, Anbox is working little beat better than on Nexus 5.
Hi,

No there is not, you need to copy the file to your UT downloads folder for example and the cp it into the anbox folder you like...that's the only way i know for now... About the gallery yes no app can access for the moment.
Blondi

Hi Rudi,

I just wanted to tell you that it worked! There is now AnboxHome directory and I can copy things from UT to Anbox.

Thank you so much!

Greetings

Blondi

Zurück zu „Ubuntu Touch“