Forumsregeln
Before creating a topic or post, please follow our Binding Forum Rules.
fteacher
sonstiges Handy/iPhone mit Android Version/iOS Version: Lg G5 with Lineageos.

Help with vpn editor

Hi everyone !
I'm experiencing various difficulties that make the adoption of Ubuntu Touch (UT) tiring. First of them is the VPN Editor.
I'm using torguard which uses wireguard. I've followed this tutorial https://ubports.com/blog/ubports-news-1 ... touch-3022 and didn't get it to work, it tells me that there are no credentials. Actually, when I fill in my Username and my password in VPN editor, my password disappears. I'm not sure if it's related or not.
I've asked on UT forums, and to my vpn provider for help and I'm waiting patiently that someone makes a tuto for wireguard vpns on UT, or code an app that handles vpns .conf files smoothly. Anyone ?
fteacher
sonstiges Handy/iPhone mit Android Version/iOS Version: Lg G5 with Lineageos.

Re: Help with vpn editor

Hi again everyone,
I tried with a free vpn option from protonvpn and met exactly the same problem. I desperately need to solve this VPN configuration problem.
I bought a Volla X phone to have a modern phone, but my use of it is limited because of this issue. I'm actually obliged to use my old phone from 2016 with Lineageos.
Also, I planned to make a video review and speak about how great it is, but... I need it to work before I advertise it.
luksus
sonstiges Handy/iPhone mit Android Version/iOS Version: Fairphone 3 mit Ubuntu Touch

Re: Help with vpn editor

Hi @fteacher,

it sound like you did not set a PIN or password for locking your screen. That leads to the issue, that passwords gets not saved in some cases.

And wireguard is not supported out of the box.
There is an app in the OpenStore, which brings initial wireguard support, but it is very alpha.

The best way to go, would be OpenVPN. As far as I know Vollphone is cooperating with Hide.me.

Zurück zu „Ubuntu Touch“