Forumsregeln
Before creating a topic or post, please follow our Binding Forum Rules.
Please inform us in your enquiry at least about
- Device model used
- Operating system version and last update
- Other hardware and software components that are related to the problem
- Affected app including version number
- Attempts already made to solve the problem
minced_apple
VollaPhone mit: Ubuntu Touch
sonstiges Handy/iPhone mit Android Version/iOS Version: Volla Phone 22 (UT) | Google Pixel 3a (UT) | Sony Xperia XA2 Plus (Sailfish OS)

Waydroid hangs when UT browsers (Morph/Sapot) are open - RAM usage issue? (Volla Phone 22)

Volla Phone 22
Ubuntu Touch 20.04 (OTA-4)
Waydroid (System Image 25 May 2024, Vendor Image 25 May 2024)

Hi everyone, this is my second topic. I am using a Volla Phone 22 with Ubuntu Touch as my main phone (daily), migrating from Sailfish OS. So, I will have lots of feedback to provide. I will separate them into different topics so that they can be tracked per 'issue'/'feedback'.

Issue/Feedback:

Waydroid hangs or stalls really slowly when UT browsers, such as Morph and/or Sapot are open. When the UT browsers are closed, Waydroid seems to be running smooth again. This is also present in viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1190

Hypothesis:

The RAM is getting full on my Volla Phone 22 when I use both Waydroid and UT browsers at the same time?

Suggestion:

Better optimization of use of RAM in UT and Waydroid? I also have a Google Pixel 3a on the side which I use sometimes, and it seems to have a lot less issues on stalling / hangs / slow use even though that and my Volla Phone 22 have the same amount of RAM, at 4GB.

Zurück zu „Ubuntu Touch“